The Pharmacy Technology program strives to prepare graduates for a career in the field of pharmacy technology and provide them with a marketable skill capable of maintaining a comfortable lifestyle.
The student will be exposed to the latest in technological advances through a variety of learning experiences and clinical assignments. We attempt to work collaboratively with the student to ensure his or her success in academic and personal endeavors.
- To graduate individuals who are able to function successfully as entry-level pharmacy technicians.
- To prepare graduates to successfully pass the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination.
- To meet the needs of the health care delivery system locally and nationally.
- To prepare graduates for employment in hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, research laboratories, home health care agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturing and other various health care entities that employ pharmacy technicians.
- To provide students access to the latest technology within the field.
- To encourage graduates to recognize the need for continuing education and professional affiliation.