Students interested in applying to the WCC PTA program are strongly encouraged to contact Sue Travis, the Health Programs Counselor, or the PTA faculty for additional information regarding the program.
A limited number of students are admitted to the PTA program each year. All students enter the program during the fall term.
PTA application packets can be downloaded from the Health Care page.
Applicants will be screened based on the following criteria:
- Completion and submission of an application for admission to the College.
- Completion and submission of a PTA program application.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses before submission of the application.
- Residency status.
- Completion of 20 hours of clinical observation in a physical therapy setting.
Program Admission Requirements – Applicants must possess:
- A valid high school diploma or GED.
- Overall cumulative high school GPA or college GPA, if the student has completed 12 or more college credits) must be a minimum of 2.8.
- A minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA or better in the required admission courses (English, Algebra, Anatomy and Physiology, and Healthcare Terminology).
- A minimum grade of “C” in all courses except Anatomy and Physiology (BIO 111) which requires a minimum grad B- or 2.7 GPA.
As part of the application packets applicants sign an “Information Release Authorization Form” for a state required criminal background check.
Students admitted to the PTA program will be notified and invited to a mandatory orientation meeting held before the fall semester. They are informed of continuing eligibility criteria and program guidelines and requirements.