The mission of the Washtenaw Community College Physical Therapist Assistant program is to provide students with the academic, technical, and clinical opportunities and experiences that will allow them, upon graduation, to be:
- Employed as competent Physical Therapist Assistants; and
- Knowledgeable, active, and responsible members of the physical therapy community, the health care community, and the community at large.
This mission is consistent with the mission of Washtenaw Community College.
Philosophy Reflecting both WCC and program missions, the WCC PTA faculty believe that:
- Meaningful learning is possible when both the faculty and student interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect, commitment to excellence, and recognition of the legal and ethical responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Learning is a life-long process and includes personal and professional development, self-assessment, reflection, and feed-back as well as service to the profession and community. Our responsibility to PTA education does not end with graduation. We encourage continued faculty and graduate development.
- The development of innovative, appropriate and challenging learning experiences is the responsibility of the faculty.